Parent Communication: Tuesday Teacher Tips


This week's tip is a two-fer.  It is a parent communication tip and a sponge activity all bundled together.

Have you read Stephen Covey's book?

(Click on book to read more about it.)

Covey talks about an emotional bank account (EBA).  This is a metaphor for the trust in a relationship.  You can make deposits or withdrawls in this account.  Relationships work like a bank account.  You can build trust or tear down (withdrawl) trust.

Relationships are an important part of a teacher's job.  We have relationships with our boss, co-workers, students, and students' parents.  When the new year begins, teachers, students, and parents feel anxious.  One of the best ways I have found to  deal with anxiety is to make deposits in my students' EBA. By doing this, I am letting my students and parents know that I see the positive in my students. You can do this by making a positive phone call or sending home a happy note.
Read more »
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 teach 123 school is proudly powered by blogger.com