Behavior Management: Documenting tips


I think we can all agree that if you are a teacher, you will occasionally come home stressed out, right?  There are a variety of reasons for the stress.  If the reason is due to a student with behavior problems I have a tip for you.

You know the Oprah shows with Dr. Phil when he is talking to a guest and he says "how's that working for you?"  When I find myself stressed out about a student and his/her behavior which is affecting the delivery of my instruction and the chemistry of my class, I ask myself "how's that working for me?"  I write down the strategies that I have been using.  Then I look at why those strategies don't work with this student. The next thing that I do is take careful documentation.  I need to know what day and time of day the behavior is worse.  Once I can see a pattern I can investigate to see why some days or times are better than others.  Is Thursday morning a bad day?  Maybe the student had an extracurricular activity the night before that caused the him/her to go to bed later than normal.  Tired and cranky students are not at their best in the classroom.
Read more »
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 teach 123 school is proudly powered by blogger.com