Sklp Counting Tips


Skip counting is an important math skill.  There are many different ways to strengthen this skill.  Here are a few of my favorites:


This is always my students' favorite activity.  It is also a great activity to do when your students have too much energy!  Make a number line on the floor.  I like to use blue painter tape because it comes off the floor without leaving all the goo that other tapes leave behind.


(Click on picture.)

When I introduce addition or subtraction, I make one number line.  A volunteer hops up and down the number line to find the answer.  Later on, I make a game out of it.  I make 2 number lines.   The class is divided into 2 teams.  One person from each team stands beside their number line.  I show them a flashcard with a problem.  The student has to hop up or down the number line, demonstrating the problem, landing on the answer.  The first person who hops up and down correctly earns a point for their team.  This is a noisy activity, but perfect for an inside recess.

Read more »
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 teach 123 school is proudly powered by blogger.com